Thursday, October 31, 2013

5th Week Update: Oct. 31st, 2013

My Last Week in the M.T.C.


Well this week has been one of the best but hardest weeks of my life. I absolutely love my new Latino district.  My new compaƱero is Elder Mendoza from Mexico. 


They called us to be the ZONE LEADERS of the Latinos. It is so scary being in charge of so many Latinos and we have so many extra meetings every single day and so many more responsibilities.  We have to organize every meeting and we have to speak on Sunday and it´s just a lot to take in but it's definitely an awesome experience having a leadership position so early.

The Latino District


Elder Mendoza speaks just a little English, but he is very patient with me and helps my learning so much. I now speak more Spanish in the day than English and my brain feels fried at the end of every day, but it definitely has been a beneficial experience for me. 


Elder Pincock and Elder Mendoza

The harderst part of being a zone leader is the meetings with the branch presidents and mission president because they use so many hard spanish words that I'm not used to hearing and they always ask me questions since I'm the only gringo in the leadership meetings but like I said it's been a great experience and an awesome way to advance my service to The Lord. 



I've made so many friends with all The Latinos and they love all the stupid Spanish songs that I make up. I made one about ¨Castidad´´ (punishment) which always makes them laugh and now they all sing it! 


I leave for Huancayo this Saturday instead of this upcoming Tuesday and I'm excited to get out in the field.  I can't believe it's finally here! I'm going to miss all my friends here so much. They have made me do my hyenna laugh a couple times and all the Latinos think it's so funny. 


I love the culture of The Latinos and they have so much love for everybody. We took all our group pictures so hopefully I'll be able to send those soon! Thanks so much for all the support and love from everybody. I'm not exactly sure what day my P-Day will be but I'll find out next week in Huancayo!
 
 


Love, Elder Pincock
 
Tenga Fe

No comments:

Post a Comment