Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jan 27 update

Jan 27, 2013

Hola Amigos,

Well this past week has rained everyday and has been pretty cold.. but everything is going great here! I got a little sick again for about 3 days but now I'm fine so don't worry! Some lady gave us a roll with cheese and I think that's what did it.  

Elder Lopez and I have gotten even closer and I'm so glad he's my companion! He's such an awesome example but he's also really funny. 


Here is a picture of our apartment. My bed is on the left.


This week we were teaching in Villasol and ended up teaching 9 kids at the same time! I wish I had a picture because it was such a cool experience. We taught them on a little hill and we sat on top and they were all circled around us at the bottom of the hill. It was a sight to see. They were kinda crazy at times and actually ended up breaking the brand new umbrella of Elder Lopez. It was so funny!   


Notice what's missing? Yeap, for some reason a lot of toilets in Peru do not have a toilet seat! 

The English class I taught this past week was awesome and more and more people show up every week! 

I'm a little nervous because this week is transfers and I don't really want to leave my area nor my companion. I'm happy how things are right now. I guess we'll find out about the transfers either tonight or tomorrow night and hopefull they don't send me to ¨Cerro de Pasco which has the highest stake center in the world and snows everyday and its freezing!! But wherever I go I know that's where I'm supposed to be and that's what really matters. 


Here is the famous shower.  They fixed it, but now it only does warm water.  Oh well, at least its better than freezing cold.

A scripture I wanted to share with everybody is in 1 Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape that ye may be able to bear it."

I love this verse because even when it seems impossible to overcome trials, temptation, or challenges, we have The Lord's promise that he won't try us more than we can bear. 

I love and miss all of you and hope to hear back soon!

Love, Elder Pincock

My new video collection! I got them all for $20

No comments:

Post a Comment