Monday, January 20, 2014

Jan 13 and Jan 20th Update: Huagapo!

January 13, 2014

Hola Amigos,

This week has been very interesting and I have learned so much because so much has happened! First off, we had emergency transfers and Elder Zapata left to Huanuco Central and my new companion is Elder Lopez from Honduras, He's awesome! He has 7 months in the mission and 52 baptisms which is more than Elder Zapata who has 16 months in the mission field. 



Elder Lopez has been in the same area in Huanuco his whole mission because his bishop called president Henderson and told him he didn't want him to leave because he's so great. The normal transfers aren't for another two weeks and since we had emergency transfers there's a few options that could happend for me. 



One, is that I might leave Marcavalle so Elder Lopez can train a new missionary. Two, is that we could get two new missionaries here in Marcavalle and I could go open a new area and also train a new missionary which would be the most responsability and definitely the hardest, but I'm willing to take on the challenge. Third, is that we'll get Sister missionaries in Marcavalle and I'll stay with Elder Lopez and maybe also open a new area. So, here pretty soon will be pretty interesting. 



Right now I'm in Tarma for our P-Day with our Zone and we're going to Huagapo. We didn't end up going last week.  




President Henderson came to our Sacrament Meeting yesterday because he had some special interviews with people and also to set apart one of the members named Ricky who leaves for his mission to Bolivia La Paz tomorrow.

I was a little nervous that President Henderson came to our church because my companion and I had to give talks... I actually feel like I did a good job and we were lucky to have a super filled chapel yesterday. 


We also helped President Henderson with a blessing for a lady who is really sick and he chose me to do the anointing and I was a little nervous but luckily didn't mess up. 

I also gave my first blessing of comfort and counsel in Spanish yesterday because there was a farewell for Ricky. I baptized his girlfriend, Jennifer, a little over a month ago. She was super upset and crying so I gave her a blessing and then afterwards she was fine! 

Also, I gave a blessing to another member named Laury who is 11 and has such an awesome testimony. She is the cousin of Kenyi who we baptized last week. We're baptizing Kenyi's mom this week on Friday and her name is Irma Enrique and she told me that she wants me to do her baptism so I'm excited about that. 



I've learned and progressed so much this week because Elder Lopez doesn't know the area or the members so he's been letting me make all the calls and give the "informas"  over the phone to the leaders. I'm really making most of the decisions and leading a lot more that I had been which was helped me so much. He's very patient and very calm and takes time to help me understand and explain everything which is awesome. 

I got a couple letters today 2 from Grandma, 1 from Emily Westerman, and one from Peggy McCarty who caters for David. Pass on the love and appreciation to all of them for me. Also, I challenge you guys to read Ephesians chapters 4 and 5.
Love, Elder Pincock



Jan 20th, 2014

Hello everyone,

This week has been awesome spiritually and a little challenging physically... The worst thing that happened is that our shower heater broke and without heating its not like cold water in the States, its like freezing cold ice water. Showering like that was the coldest I had ever been and I got a brain freeze just from the shower... When I got out of the shower my breath was visible and the condensation was insane.. So I couldn't bring myself to shower in cold water again. Needless to say, I havent showered in 4 days. Awesome right??? haha!! We used  my District leader's shower today, which was nice, but I still hope we get our shower fixed soon… 





Also my umbrella broke which kinda sucked.. Its still usable but the handle is broken. Also when we traveled to Tarma for our Zone P Day in Huagapo we somehow fit 9 in a taxi that seats 5 which is a new personal record for me... It was the most uncomfortable ride of my life! But nobody died so its all good… 



After Huagapo we got to watch a movie! Presidente Henderson approved some Disney and Pixar movies that we can watch as a zone and we watched Brave or Valiente in Spanish. It was kinda weird watching it in Spanish but still really awesome to watch a movie. 

We had our interviews with President Henderson this week in Tarma and it went great. He's such an awesome mission president and I'm glad he's here in Peru with us. 



We had the baptism for Irma this week and it went great! She's super happy and her family is awesome. We baptized her son Kenyi two weeks ago and he has plans to serve a mission and comes to a lot of appointments with us which is awesome. 




A scripture I was studying this week is Mosiah 3:19.  It talks about how the natural man is an enemy to God and I thought that was really interesting becasue a lot of people justify their actions by saying its normal or natural, which is true, but not a sufficient excuse because we should try to be a little bit better than that and put away the natural tendencies to do something wrong. 



I love all of you and miss you all like crazy!

Elder Pincock

Here are some animal pics I took at Huagapo!



No comments:

Post a Comment