Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dec 30th update: Merry Christmas

Hello Everyone,
  
First off, it was so good to see everybody on Skype on Christmas Eve and I wish we had more time! Thanks to everybody that was able to come it means a lot to me. 


This past week was fun, but also a little rough... Christmas was great even though it wasn't any different from the other days and so mamy people gave us paneton and hot chocolate.  I only ate a little paneton because I'm sick of it.. but I did drink a lot of hot chocolate. 


Paneton is a sweet bread loaf that usually has candied orange, raisins, citron and lemon zest.




I got super sick the day after Christmas and threw up three times in the middle of the night and had diarrhea at the same time. I had never been that sick in my life and I felt horrible. I had no energy. I ate crackers for 3 days and I'm still taking medicine but I feel fine now. 

Yesterday for lunch we ate with a family and they gave us Chicha Morada to drink which I don't really like and it's hard on the stomach anyways, so we asked for water and she gave us this boiling hot cup of water and I didn't want to drink that either! but I also didn't want to offend her and not drink it, so I poured the hot water in the vase of Chicha Morada when she went to the bathroom. My companion was laughing so hard right before we left. She was probably suspicious as to why the chicha was steaming while we left.. Haha! It was rough, but now it's all good!  

Chicha Morada is a drink made from purple corn, spices and chunks of pineapples


I was given a pair of gloves for Christmas and also a chullo which I've been wanting (a knitted hat that covers your ears). I'm glad I was able to open a couple packages for Christmas! 



We ended up not having a baptism this past weekend because Maryuri has so many family problems, so we set a new date for the 18th, but then she came to us yesterday and said she wants to get baptized tomorrow! So hopefully that goes through tomorrow. We also will be holding a baptism for Kenyi who is 21 and learns so fast and has great desires to follow Christ. A while back the missionaries visited his mom because she was very sick and gave her a blessing and she got better and that's what sparked his faith and interest in everything. We'll be baptizing his mom next week which is awesome! 

My friend Elder Larson 


One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon I want to share is Alma 26:12, "I know that I am nothing as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself , but I will boast of my God for in his strength I can do all things" I've decided I want to name my second son Ammon because he's just awesome.

Wishing Everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love, Elder Pincock

Pics: Playing Soccer in the rain for 4 hours… fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment