Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013

Hola Amigos,

This week we had our Christmas conference in Tarma with President Henderson and it was aweome. I got to talk to him for quite a bit, and he told me that he is very impressed with my Spanish and when he came to Marcavalle he thought I was a Latino at first which was a good compliment! He has a great sense of humor and I love talking to him. They gave us these awesome shoulder bags as our Christmas gift that say Mision Peru Huancayo on the side. 







Nobody in my district changed for the transfers and I'm glad that it didn't. We got a new group of about 25 missionaries and I met a few of them. They all thought I had a lot more time in the mission field than I really did. One of them knows everybody that lived on my street in Utah and played Lacross with Cameron Tribe, one of my friends.  Small world! 











Our baptism that was scheduled for this past Friday got postponed because there was a death in her family, but we have 4 more scheduled for Enero (January) so hopefully they will all work out great! 


Tallapuqio, a small town in my area






My companion and I got in our first little fight this week because he always wants me to buy everything like hand soap and toilet paper. I tell him we should go half and half but he was being stubborn and it annoyed me. It was a stupid thing to get mad about. Later that morning I was reading in D&C 98: 39-43. I can't remember perfectly the wording but it talked about forgiving the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and on to the 70th time and it helped me realized I need to be more patient and strive to obtain more Christlike atributes and have more love for everybody. 




Elder Zapata freaked me out bad this week because he started sleep talking and was saying "no puedo hablar" (I can't speak) and kept calling my name. When he finally woke up he told me he was having a bad dream that some demon child was in our room or something like that, hahaha. 




My new pet!


Bueno amigos,
Feliz Navidad y prospero año para todos!


Love, Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment