Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jan 6th, 2014: Feliz Año Nuevo!

Jan 6th, 2014

Hola amigos, Feliz Año Nuevo!

I can't believe it's already 2014 even though we didn't do anything different except talk with a few drunks on the street.

We're in Junin right now for P-day and after this we're going to a place that is really pretty called Huagapo. They say it looks like it's from Lord of the Rings so I'm pretty excited about that. 


Random Picture from the Internet of Huagapo Entrance
I started teaching English classes this week and it's so much fun! Every Friday night at 7 we have our class and people here love trying to learn English so it's so much fun teaching them. I taught them how to share their testimony in English at the end.  It was pretty entertaining to listen to all of them!   

Something interesting that happened this week:   
We started teaching this lady and in the second visit she told us that she had a crazy dream that her and her husband were in jail for 3 years and two young men visted her and told her she wouldn't suffer anymore and they rescued her.  So she took that to be an answer from God that we were there to help her…ha ha!

We had two baptisms this week Marjorie Zavala and Kenyi Chavez who are both 21. I baptized Marjorie, and confirmed Kenyi. The baptismal candidate always chooses who they want to do their baptism in the interview and Marjorie was really the first one who actually chose me which was pretty cool. 



She said during the baptismal service she felt like the force of a wave and like all her sins were literally being washed away. It's always really awesome to hear the testimonies and thoughts after people are baptized and they always have a new light among them. 



Kenyi was baptized exactly 2 weeks after we met him and he was just more than ready to live the gospel principles. He wants to serve a mission in a year which is awesome! 





A scripture I wanted to share is Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weaknessthat they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Love Elder Pincock

Pics of the week: My first Cuy (A guinea pig, a popular source of meat here!)









No comments:

Post a Comment