Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Feb 3 and Feb 10 Updates

February 3, 2014

Hola Amigos,

This week was super crazy with all the transfers! I'm still here in Marcavalle with Elder Lopez and I'm super happy about that. He's the new district leader and its awesome to learn even more about leadership positions and the responsibilities that come with it. The best part is that he has a cell phone now so its so much easier to get a hold of people and make and confirm appointments. All the members were really happy that I didn't leave which makes me happy. I'm so accustomed to everything here and all the members are awesome.



I found out that originally my name was on the transfer list to go to Huanuco which everybody says its the promised land of Peru.. Its like a perfect temperature of 70 degrees and people baptize like crazy. My companion has 7 months in the mission and he was in Huanuco Central for his entire mission until he came here with me. He has 53 baptisms which is ridiculous! My zone leader who will finish his mission in "abril" has 22 so its crazy... haha 

I had a lot of firsts this week with food and it was crazy! I tried the famous Pachamaca this week and I won't even tell you how its cooked you can look it up.. I'll send pictures and it was pretty good I liked it! 




I ALSO ATE MY FIRST CUY!! Cuy is GUINEA PIG! AND I LIKED IT!!!! Cuy is the most famous dish of Peru next to Cheviche but we arent allowed to eat cheviche (because they really don't cook it). The cuy was kinda weird at first. The little bones were tiny and it was weird knowing that I was eating Guinea Pig.. haha 
The meat was super soft and almost sweet. It's not my favorite but it definitely wasn't bad! haha

Also I found out that a couple weeks ago while we were in Junin we ate choufa which is one of my favorites but the meat was horrible... This week I found out is was  ALPACA! haha... Disgusting right?


It's been raining like crazy here everyday, and a little tough to find new people to teach because every person we have taught left for vacations.  It's hard to find people that live here at this time but we're still working super hard.

My companion and I teach and work really good together he's just awesome!
Homework for you guys to read is Joshua old testament Chapter 1: 4-9 and its one of my favorites!

I didn't get sick this week which was nice and I'm about to finish fasting at San Miguels my favorite restaurant here and is chicken and fries.



Love, Elder Pincock


February 20, 2014

Hola Amigos,

This week was a little tough… Sulesi, who was my first baptism and is 14, her mom died this week which has just been really sad. She had cancer, and we went to her funeral for support and it was just sad watching Suleisi suffer so bad. When they were about to put the casket in the ground, she started bawling and just didn't want to let go of the casket. It was hard to watch, and she was crying so hard and screaming.

We offered to give her a blessing of comfort, and even though I was pretty nervous I felt prompted that I should be the one to do it. It was the most powerful blessing I've given, and I didn't even feel a language barrier at all. She was a lot more calm afterwards and everybody could feel the presence of the spirit. It was so strong.We visited her at her house the next day, and while talking to her, it was the first time in my whole mission I teared up and cried a little bit. I just ask that you guys could keep her and her family in her prayers.

Other than the sad part of this week, we had a lot of success and found a lot of more new people to teach!



Just reading right outside our apartment door and….

What???  The sign says: This house is Catholic, thank you for respecting our faith. 

It's been another cold and rainy week, and I'm actually in Tarma right now for another Zone conference. We also found out this week it looks like we'll be getting sister missionaries in Marcavalle this next transfer, and it also looks like I'll be leaving this next transfer! It will be the 12th of March. I got 3 packages from you Mom and I already ate the Nutella which was awesome.. I haven't searched through them all yet but thanks a ton!



Happy valentines day this week!

Thanks for all the love and support. I miss you guys like crazy and love you all a ton!

P.S. The internet was really slow today, so I didn't get a chance to respond to many emails.

Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment