Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 3 in Marcavalle

Nov. 18th, 2013

Hey everybody!                              


Right now I'm actually in Tarma for our Zone meeting. The drive was supposed to be an hour and a half but we got here in 45 minutes. Mom you would die of a panic attack because they drive so crazy and sometimes it's literally only one lane. Yes not 1 on each side just one total. They fly around the curves and drive on whatever side of the road is more smooth.  The lines mean nothing. 


Everybody started coughing in the taxi when we drove through a dust cloud, but for me it was a nice reminder of home breathing in dirt once again. We saw a Google maps street view car drive past us in our area with cameras on top so maybe I'll be on the Google maps street view for Marcavalle! 

Here is a picture I found on the internet of the crazy Taxi cabs in Peru

We got 11 new investigators this week which is a lot! My  favorite part about teaching so many people is helping them feel the love God has for all of us and how The Atonement can help people change their lives and feel happiness.  I love sharing experiences that I've had, and also what President Shumway has taught me. 


Many people think repentance is like a punishment or something, when really it's a way for us to use the sacrifice that Christ made for all of us and feel clean once again. Life isn't about being perfect, because that's not possible. God knows when we are trying our best, and that's why he sent His son to help us reach what we couldn't without His help. 


I speak more and more Spanish everyday, and I love learning the language. 


Thank you everybody for all the emails!


Love, Elder Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment