Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 3rd and 10th update

March 3, 2014

Hola Amigos,


This week went by super fast and the time keeps passing by faster and faster every day. The transfers are coming up this next week 12 of March and so it'll be a hectic week here. We found out that sister missionaries won't be coming this transfer so we ended up wasting so much time looking for a new apartment for them for no reason.. but in the end I'm happy because it will be a little less stressfull for the transfers. It looks like I'll probably be leaving Marcavalle this next transfer because I've been here for a while but we won't know anything until the night before the transfers. 

Matching at Church! 

We had a great week and had two baptisms! Jhonn Pando and Faviola Castro and they are both 18. I baptized Faviola and my companion baptized Jhonn. The service went great but everybody was super late as usual but everything ended up working out great. 






The funniest thing that happened this week was while we were walking a dog started barking and following us so I threw a pear at it, but missed big time and it ended up bouncing into somebody's front door that was open. The lady came out screaming at us so we ran off laughing super hard…  A couple days later while we were looking for a new room for the sister missionaries we ended up calling some numbers from ads on the street.  Sure enough one of them was the lady that the pear flew into her house and was super mad at us. When we met her for our appointment she started yelling at us again so we just ran off laughing super hard hahaha 

 



I love and miss all of you like crazy and I hope all is well this upcoming week!

Love, Elder Pincock

Pictures of Marcavalle




March 10th 

Hola Amigos!


Transfers are this week and it looks like most likely I'll be leaving, which is kinda exciting but at the same time makes me a little sad because I just love the people here and I've gotten really close with a lot of the members and the people that we have baptized. 



Also, my companion Elder Lopez and I get along super well and we are so much alike. I don't know if I'll get a companion this good for a really long time. 





We gave talks this week in church and it was pretty cool. In Elder Lopez's talk he quoted Dad about how Dad always says that everything that we believe is in the Bible! I've always believed him, but just never knew where in the Bible everything was. That's why I love studying and finding new things all the time that are in the Bible and that only we do in our church which really strengthens my testimony. 



This week ended up being a little crazy and hectic, but we had a baptism! Jhonatan Arrendondo who is the cousin of Kenyi that we baptized here a little over 2 months ago. He's 23 and studies physcology and a lot of other sciences. I love teaching really educated people because we can always help them with all their questions and doubts and I can learn so much by teaching people like him. 





I feel really lucky and blessed to finish my time here in Marcavalle with 3 baptisms. The youth in the church here has grown so much! Nine out of my 10 baptisms are all in the youth program and it's awesome to watch them grow and all become such great friends. 



Today is probably our last P day together and the Elderes in Junin and San Pedro de Cajas came to our area and so we'll play soccer all day which should be fun since we have 8 missionaries here today and plus all the guys in the branch are coming! 

The Pizza I made! 



This week will have a lot of changes.

You're all in my prayers and I love and miss you all so much!

Elder Pincock



No comments:

Post a Comment