Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dec 22nd, 29th and Jan 5th Update

December 22, 2014


I can't believe Christmas is already this week it feels unreal to me how fast time is flying by here in the mission. I've been thinking a lot this week about how I can give the best gift possible to The Lord just by serving him as best as I can. 

A scripture that I've come to love is in Matthew 20:28 which in Spanish is "El Hijo del Hombre no vino para ser servido, sino para servir, y para dar su vida en rescate por muchos". It's easy to forget that we're here to serve, not to be served. Christ gave the perfect examply of this. I know if we serve him with all that we have, we'll be blessed for it. Not just as missionaries, but as sons and daughters of God which is all of us. I hope this Christmas can be a special one, and we can think more about what we can give, instead of what we want to receive.
                                             
                                              Mormon.org    mormonchannel.org
                                                 (check these sites out)

We had our multizone conference this week and it was a ton of fun! We did a sketch and I was a Pharise, or like a hyprocite in the time when Christ lived, and we did a bunch of funny stuff. Our sketch was the 12 days of christmas and it was by far the funniest one in the 5 zones that were there. I'll try and sent the video but I doubt it will go through. I'm super excited to call and see you guys this week I just hope the connection is good and the internet is fast. I'll call Christmas day and 6 I think. I love and miss you all tons, and have a good christmas!

Multizone  P Day:  Guess what we did?  Yeap, you got it!  FĂștbol!!!!!







*********************************************************************************************************

December 29th, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 





Well I can't believe Christmas has already came and gone, and this week is new year's! It's crazy how fast time is flying and it freaks me out that we're almost in 2015! A lot of people in our area have been traveling for the holidays so it's been tough finding people this week a lot of our appointments have been falling through. 





There's a ton of problems in this ward mainly between the members with a bunch of gossip and things like that, and we're trying to fix that before moving on to bigger things. The most basic things in the church have to be working before we can accomplish the greater ones. This week we're changing to a new pension and he's a returned missionary and seems to be super cool. He said he had a companion from Texas named Elder Bradshaw and the way he described him it seems like it could be the Bradshaw from our old ward in Texas!  


I've been having my patience tried this week in a lot of ways, and I'm trying to stay calm and get better with my patience. I lack a lot, but I'm trying to get a lot better. Learning to trust in The Lord and becoming more Christlike is a life long mission, and I've just barely started. It requires diligence and hard work, things that are sometimes undervalued in this world, but to God it's always been important.




 I hope you all have a great new years this week, and hopefully we can all strive to be better people in 2015. The time we have on earth is short, but very important. Every year, every month, and every week we should try to progress a little more, and become better people. If we do, I know we'll find peace and happiness in this life.

Love Elder Pincock

*********************************************************************************************************



January 5th, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I seriously can't believe it's already 2015 crazy…






 Well this week was a big one for me.  We had transfers this week and President Henderson called me to train again! Now I have 3 sons in the mission! 

My new companion is Elder Valencia from Colombia and as green as can be. I had to travel to Huancayo Tuesday, we left at 10:30am and had some problems with traffic and got to Huancayo at 7:30pm so it was a long day of traveling. We stayed in the office that night, and Wednesday morning we got our new assignments and had the training. Since Huanuco is so far, we stayed the night again in the mission home Wednesday night which was New Years, but I slept through the fireworks and all the noise I didn't hear a thing… 

Thursday we got back to Ambo around 4:30 and went straight to work. Our first contact together let us in and accepted the invitation to get baptized and everything, and yesterday we found a new family to teach so we ended up having a good week. 

We changed pensions this week and the new one is AWESOME! Seriously, she cooks so good.  Even though I pigged out in Huancayo with Pizza Hut, Burger King, KFC, and Popeyes... That's the best thing about going to train we eat like crazy! haha things are a lot better now and I'm excited and happy to be training again. I love and miss you all tons, and hope you all had a great New year!



Here are some interesting Pics I got:  This is the water I'm showering and brushing my teeth with : D



No comments:

Post a Comment