Friday, October 31, 2014

Update for Sept. 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, & 27

Sept 29th, 2014 

I can't believe this week I hit one year! Time here in the mission has gone by way too fast, I feel like I just barely got here a short time ago. We are going to burn our shirts today for the  tradition, and I'll send pictures of it next week. The craziest thing that happend this week was I KILLED A CUY!!! Our pension was making cuy. Here they just get one of the cuy from their yard and prepare it for their food that day. So my companion and I both caught a cuy, yes, had to killed them, and then ate them all in the same day! It was weird but cool at the same time. (Sorry to gross some of you out, but that's the culture here).



Cuy for dinner! 




The Final Product!

We had another good successful week this week and were able to visit a lot of less actives, and 7 of them came to church yesterday which was awesome to see! Transfers are coming up soon, so who knows if I'll be leaving or staying here in Junin. Today we're passing P Day here in Junin and making tacos so it should be a good one. 

I found a scripture this week were Christ said he came to serve,and not to be served. It's the exact same being a missionary. All we have to do is give, and not even think about what we can get. It's so much better to give, than to get. I invite all of you to look and pray for opportunities to serve somebody daily. It can be something really small and simple, or something big. I promise you will be blessed,and feel better about yourselves, as we serve our fellow travelers in this journey called life. 

I love and miss all of you have a great week!


Oct 6th, 2014

I'm here in Marcavalle my first area, we're visiting for P-Day.  We surprised Elder Toomor. He is here in Marcavalle. We had a little sleep over last night and had a fund time catching up.  So I'm sitting here in my first room and it's like a father and son experience.  My companion is throwing up but what's so funny is that he's actually throwing up in the same toilet that I threw up when I started my mission.  
Last week, since it was the first year mark for my mission and two other elders we burned our shirts. So our neighbor has all these big wooden posts that look.  He uses them for holding up the roof for houses. So I thought that would be kind-of funny if we make scarecrows with our shirts. So we borrowed three wooden posts and we took them to our pension's house.  There is this little hill in the back and we dug three holes and put the posts there. Afterwards we put our shirts on it, and used a balloon for our heads. Then we  burned it. Burning the shirts is a tradition, the scarecrow was my idea.  Although it looked sacrilegious  it was kinda of cool. 






  







Last week we played soccer and beat the locals.  They'll never admit it but the gringos won them. It was so awesome.  




This week there are these elections that go on every four years for mayor and governors.  Two of the candidates are investigators.  I don't know if they won because we are not in Junin.  We are teaching the mayor candidate and a guy who is running for the governors counselor or something like that.  It will be cool if they won.  Today we are going to be living it up American style.  We are going to play American football, then go to this American  restaurant and eat hamburgers and pizza.  So we are going to live it up today.   

Love and miss you all!
Elder Pincock
****************************************************************


Oct. 13th, 2014



Oct 27th, 2014

Well I'm writing a little late this week because we just got done doing interviews with President Henderson. He came to Junin to interview us so it was nice not having to travel like usual. We were planning on going to the lake here in Junin, which is actually the highest lake in the entire world from what they say here, so it'll be awesome if we get to go. Our investigators Franklin and Jubita have their wedding and baptism all set for the 8th which is next Saturday! We're super pumped about it. This Friday we're going to try and have an activity for Halloween and carve pumpkins or something. It's been raining more and more as the raining season is really starting to kick in here. We're making good progress, and I'm loving missionary life here in Junin. 

I love and miss you all tons and thanks for all of your support!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!





No comments:

Post a Comment