Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Update for August 18th, 25th and Sept 1st.

August 18th, 2014

Hola Amigos,

I didn't have time to do an updated today because I spent all of my time uploading the following pictures.

Chacamarca:

The Historical Sanctuary of Chacamarca was stablished on August 7, 1974. It is located in the province of Junin and has a surface of 2,500 acres on the Pampas de Chacamarca where the battle of Junin took place. This was one of the most import ant battles because it is when the Peruvians got their independence.







Our District: 


A llama Sign: 



A Lesson I Taught: 


My experience eating "cabeza de cuy"  (guinea pig head).











P-Day- La Merced






Conferencia (Conference)












***********************************************************************************************************

August 25th, 2014


Well this week was colder than normal, but now it's a little warmer which is good. Barely anybody came to church yesterday because there was a mandatory parade for a lot of the students, so we were a little bummed, but other than that we had another good week.

A couple that we are teaching are most likely going to be getting married and baptized this next month in September so we're working as hard as we can for them. Franklin and Jubita are their names, and they are so awesome! 

This week are the transfers, and most likely my companion will be leaving because he has a lot of time here in Junin, so I'm probably getting a new companion this Wednesday. 

Something I was studying this week, was the promise at the end of the Book of Mormon in Moroni 10:3-5, because sometimes our investigators have trouble receiving an answer to their prayers. The key is to have a sincere heart, real intent, and faith in Christ. If somebody lacks even just one of the 3, the promise doesn't work. A sincere heart could mean a broken heart and a contrite spirit after having repented. Real intent means to intend to act on an answer, and follow what you know to be true. Having faith seems like the easiest part, but faith is a principle of power, and of accion. If they don't ever get on their knees and pray, they are lacking action, or faith.

Learning this has helped me to help people progress, and has helped me to find the needs of the people that we are teaching. Learning to depend on the Spirit is key in missionary work, and without the Spirit we can do nothing regardless of our talent, knowledge, or ability. 

I love and miss each and every one of you back home, and hope you all have a great week!

Love Elder Pincock

More pics….

They didn't think I could do it...











TACOS!!!!











*********************************************************************************
September 1, 2014

Well this week was pretty big. President Henderson called me Monday night because he wanted me to train again! I had to go to Huancayo and pick up my new companion.

His name is Elder Bartschi from Montana. 



I'm really excited to be training again, and it's kinda weird having my first companion that knows very little Spanish... I'm trying to help him learn a lot, and it just reminds me a lot of when I first started and barely knew anything. We get along well, and we had a good week for his first week here in the mission field. 

Two of our investigators Franklin and Jubita picked a date to have their wedding and baptism during this month in September. We're really excited about it, and having two baptisms here in Junin is like a miracle in our mission. 

Other than the transfers, not too much has been going on here in Junin, but it's definitely getting colder and it snowed again just for a little bit the other day. Today we're in Marcavalle where I started for our P Day so I'm pretty excited it should be a lot of fun! 

Well I sure miss you all a ton, and hope you have a good week this week!

Love, Elder Pincock

Picture Time:

P-Day in Junin….
















No comments:

Post a Comment